Samstag, 28. Oktober 2017

Scrappy Hexie Travels from Canada

Hello dear friends!


I have been semi-moving home locations and living with indecision on where to live. This photo above shows my hand applique of the numerous vintage hexie blocks I have and using a milky green fabric that is also older, perhaps is vintage.



My hand stitching of my Hexie blocks grew as I travelled back and forth between Southern British Columbia and the Northern area of B.C. twice a year.


This brown Hexie Block found its way into my Modern Makeover. Without the usual space or tools, hand work projects were the best for me.




I havenumerous Hexie blocks in many bins and boxes. Slowly starting to find them all. We have decided to settle in Duncan, B.C. a lovely rural town with a real flavour of farming to this town and such friendly people!





Somewhere along the line, I learned how to piece the Hexie Blocks!



I did get excited to make the one and only Halloween quilt, entitled "Bat Girl Goes Out" using one of my vintage Hexie Blocks purchased some years ago at a thrift shop.





My Modern Makeover also is touched by some of these Hexie Blocks. This quilt given to my good friend Myrtle!



Then I reached a point where I had so many scrappy blocks I started thinking of backgrounds to place them upon as I dreamed of a finished Hexie Quilt.




Now, the dream is a reality with a plan being drawn up this weekend.

Red background blocks filled with scrappy pieced large Hexie Blocks. They are hand appliqued on to the red 12.5 inch blocks. I intend to use the red "cut out from behind each block in the finished quilt too. Nothing gets wasted.


The colorful funky vintage fabric photo below is my choice for the sashing in between the blocks. I have several yards of it and is also scrappy.


Then perhaps I will place some of these 365 Circle Blocks I've also been making over the last two years.


What do you think? I am thinking very scrappy for this quilt. The plan will be posted next week!

Happy Quilting Ladies. I am very pleased to be part of this blog! 













Kommentare:

  1. Wow, so many scrappy blocks. 👍
    Waving greetings Larissa

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Lovely scrappy Blocks.
      Greetings, Ingrid

      Löschen
    2. Hi Larissa,
      Yes, many blocks that will come to a complete quilt next year. By then I will be ready. Thank you for your kind comment!

      Löschen

Wir freuen uns über jeden Kommentar und Feedback von Euch.
Ingrid und Iris-Julimond

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...